The St. Albert Community Village and Food Bank is looking for a dynamic person with excellent leadership and communication skills to manage our kitchen programs. These programs include cooking workshops and collective / community / cultural kitchens at our location.
This person will oversee the running of the Community Village kitchen facility and will work with a cooperative team of people to provide programs for community members from a wide range of demographic groups to build on their cooking skills and food knowledge, ultimately reducing isolation and enhancing healthy living. We are looking for someone who takes pride in running an organized, welcoming kitchen and who is enthusiastic and creative about sharing their cooking skills, their knowledge of food and nutrition, and is skilled in facilitating diverse groups in a supportive environment.
This position is approximately 25 hours per week, including some evenings and weekends.
- Completion of a diploma in nutritional science or equivalent is preferred.
- Recent valid Safe Food Handling certificate
- Experience in training others and group facilitation
- Experience with program coordination in a social services setting
- Knowledge of food-related issues for people experiencing food insecurity.
- Demonstrated ability to work with people of different ages, abilities, and cultural backgrounds.
- First Aid Certification
- Proficiency at using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database software.
- Clear Criminal and Vulnerable Persons Check
- Valid Driver’s License
Position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please contact Suzan at [email protected]
We thank all applicants but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.