We are working to ensure that we can continue to provide assistance to our families during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We ask that if you are having any symptoms of a fever, sore throat or breathing difficulties you call 811 for further instructions.
We ask that you follow the precautions set out by Alberta Health Services: cover your cough/sneeze either with a Kleenex or the crook of your elbow and wash your hands frequently with soap and water, and if you have travelled please self-isolate.
If you are symptom-free the hamper pick-up routine will only change slightly – we won’t be hugging or shaking hands and will stand a few feet away from you – this is to protect us all.
If you can’t make it in to the food bank due to illness or self-isolation please either call and leave a message or email at [email protected] and we can make other arrangements.
Donations can still be dropped off at our warehouse or in our bins at all of the grocery stores – we appreciate your support during these challenging times.
Thank you for your co-operation.
Safety measures initiated by the St. Albert Food Bank
In light of the evolving issues with COVID-19 the St. Albert Food Bank will be initiating the following measures to ensure safety of everyone.
- We are asking everyone if they have any symptoms of COVID-19 – fever, sore throat, cough, difficulty breathing- to please follow the AHS protocol and not come to the Food Bank as we can look at making alternative arrangements.
- We are practicing Social Distancing.
- Only 2 people to come into the waiting room at a time.
- If you need to speak with our Social Workers please contact them either by phone or email.
- Our Volunteer Coordinator/ Income Tax Program Coordinator – Crystal can be reached at 780-459-0599 ext 4 ([email protected])
- Margaret – Utility Grant – 780-459-0599 ext 5
- Suzan – Executive Director – 780-780-459-0599 Ext. 1 ([email protected])
Our Cultural Kitchen Program – is cancelled until further notice.
We look forward to continuing to provide service to all of our families who need us.